Background

Monday, August 25, 2014

Monday Made It 8/24/14 ...and Happy First Day of School!


As you read this, I am greeting my 29 5th graders. Listen, I don't know if your state has a max number for the classroom, but in Texas, PreK-4th grade, 24 is the maximum number of students per class. Then you get to 5th grade and there is no cap. Which means I have large numbers of students. In classrooms that were made to house no more than 22 [when it was originally built]...so. We are packed in like sardines. BUT, we will survive. Maybe


On to my made it Monday :) I inherited this adorable red bookshelf from one of my besties who became an administrator this year. I have always loved this bookshelf... [It's been passed around at our school]...BUT red isn't my color. :) 


Some of you know my love for GREEN. I'm not sure when it started but I went to college at UNT and we were the Mean Green AND my classroom is UNT themed so I had to paint the shelf. 

Yes, I painted in my classroom. Please don't tell on me. I used green chalk paint and let it dry overnight before I went back and added a wax. 

How stinkin' cute is this?! I LOVE it. You are probably wondering "How did she know how to do that?" Well, my sweet friend, Mary Jo, took us to a little shop in Waxahachie, TX on her birthday to learn how to make shabby chic looking furniture. Mandy at Texas Pearls and Co is so ridiculously talented and she taught me everything I know :) 

Here is what my shelf looks like ready for this first day! 


My 2nd Made it Monday is a little sign I made with chalk and black butcher paper. I saw a wall painted on vacation at the Oklahoma City Science Museum that said "Here is where..." and was all about science. I loved the concept so I came home and wrote my own "Here is Where" poem. I am going to have my kids write poems about their favorite place. Anyway..here is mine: 

Can't wait to see what you guys have been making! 

No comments:

Post a Comment