Background

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

A [very] Hot Tuesday

So today started off..sweaty. Our AC went out last night :( It was 86 in my house before the AC guy got here at 2...thank goodness it's been unusually "cool" this summer in Texas so it didn't hit 100 today or I would have been dying. Literally.dying. As it was, we spent 2 hours at the pool with one of my besties and her baby and then Jackson and I went shopping while my hubs waited on the repair man. I don't do the whole "no-AC" thing. It's not for me. {If you don't live in a state where AC is a requirement in order to survive, you're probably thinking I'm ridiculous..but spend a summer here and you will understand!} As my dad texted me today "AC is a must in TX. and sno cones". Words of wisdom from my pops. :) 

Anyway, today I'm reading my blog feed on Bloglovin' and guess what I see?! My own darling little UNT wreath on the Big Time Literacy blog. People...I got a shout out. This means I'm Big Time--right?! ;) 

Today's Big Time Blogging Challenge is to share a story from college. 
Listen. I LOVED college. I would go back in a heartbeat [although being married and having a baby would probably change things]. I loved my roommates. I loved school-duh. And I absolutely loved the city of Denton, TX. It is a hidden gem. So it's hard to think of one "story" from college but one of the first ones that popped into my head, is about my bestie, Allison. Allison and I have known each other since we were 2 years old, in daycare at church together. We went to elementary, middle, high school and lived 3 years together in college. Allison had started liking this boy we knew from church and we were all kind of friends. Unknown to Allison, he was totally interested in her too and they were both talking to be about it on AIM. {Flashback...gotta love AOL Instant Messenger!} Anyway, he told me he was going to call and ask her on a date...she was in her bedroom at our apt and I was in mine. I told him to give me 1 minute and I hid outside her bedroom and listened to her side of the phone call. The minute she hung up, she comes flying out of her room yelling "Caitlin!" and almost ran into me. Now...they are married. And are inner city missionaries in Los Angeles. :) Check them out here and here
[I know this is not like a career-altering moment of college...but it was so fun and such a girly bff moment. Sometimes I miss living with my girls!]

That's all I've got for today..I've been slaving away on TpT projects that also happen to be my beginning of the year stuff for myself. BUT, I did post this giant bundle of chalkboard themed stuff. All kinds of things to keep you super organized but also, way cute! Check it out! 
Ultimate Chalkboard Themed Classroom Bundle
Can't wait to link up tomorrow and tell you my favorite thing about my career. Spoiler: It's not summer vacation.

2 comments:

  1. I totally felt your pain! Our AC went out too and, thankfully, the guy made it after 4. You're right...these 90 degree days seem almost impossible without the AC. I can't believe our farmhouse growing up had no AC!
    Sarah from Mrs. Jones Teaches :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pops surely understands your predicament! Living in a hot and humid environment, could be unsettling for some people. At least you were able to swim around and shop while it was being repaired, so you were able to keep yourselves cool. Major props for your husband for sticking it out! Like your dad, he surely wants to get it fixed ASAP. Was the repairman able to do his job in one go? Anyways, take care!

    Lashon Cheatham @ All About Air

    ReplyDelete